Days after performing at Astroworld as a surprise guest, Drake has shared some words regarding the tragedy that killed 8 people and injured hundreds.
Drake said, “I’ve spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy. I hate resorting to this platform to express as emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself. My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering.”
He adds, “I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all.”
JUST IN: Drake releases statement on Astroworld Festival tragedy pic.twitter.com/93tnup0VFr
— XXL Magazine (@XXL) November 9, 2021
Since the tragedy, Travis Scott has released two statements. In the first one, he mentioned that he was cooperating with Houston Police.
In the second, he said his fans meant the world to him.
— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) November 6, 2021
.@trvisXX issues another statement on #ASTROWORLDFest tragedy: “My fans really mean the world to me…we’ve been working closely with everyone to just get to the bottom of this.” pic.twitter.com/nsWUwoV9Hl
— Eric Diep (@E_Diep) November 7, 2021
So far, Travis, Drake and LiveNation are being sued for encouraging violence. Travis Scott and Astroworld have promised to refund every concertgoer.